The PlacesForBikes City Rating Score is based on five factors: Ridership, Safety, Network, Reach and Acceleration. Each city’s score is determined using publicly available data and new research tools developed by PeopleForBikes.
The PlacesForBikes City Rating Score includes data from the following sources:
- PlacesForBikes Community Survey
- PlacesForBikes City Snapshot
- PlacesForBikes Bike Network Analysis (BNA)
- U.S. Census American Community Survey (ACS)
- Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS)
- Sports Marketing Surveys Bicycle Participation (SMS)
Missing or incomplete data on a factor will be scored lower or possible not at all. Communities can improve their ratings by submitting accurate data in a timely manner. See Tips page for more information.